Dance at Community Focus is open to people of varying needs and abilities. Led by a practitioner with wide experience of leading inclusive dance and a team of dedicated and skilled volunteers, the class encourages creative choice, self expression, development of movement skills and group work. The class is fun and uses all sorts music and stimuli to encourage different ways of moving.
Students will be introduced to dance throughout the main principles of contemporary dance:
- Weight, space, dynamic, musicality, relationship with the other
- Improvisation to explore possibilities of personal movement.
- Work as a group or individually on tasks to generate movement.
- Gain confidence in dancing with one or several participants
- Create choreographies
- Work towards a sharing of the work at the end of each term.